Million Riders vertical of Million Minds Pvt. Ltd. (“Million Riders ” or “We” or “Us” or “Our”) is concerned about the privacy of the data and information of users (“You” or “Your” or “Yourself”) accessing the services on Million Riders’ websites, mobile sites or mobile applications (“Website”).
COLLECTION AND STORAGE OF INFORMATION
- 1.1. The Information (which shall also include data) provided by You to Million Riders or collected from You by Million Riders may consist of “Personal Information” and “Non-Personal Information”.
- 1.3. Such Personal Information may be collected in various ways including during the course of You registering as a user on the Website, registering as a merchant on the Website, availing certain services offered on the Website. Such instances include but are not limited to participating in any online survey or contest or otherwise or posting user reviews or otherwise doing business on the Website.
- 1.5. Million Riders may also collect information other than Personal Information from You through the Website when You visit and/or use the Website. Such information may be stored in server logs. This Non-Personal Information may include Your geographic location, details of Your telecom service provider or internet service provider, the type of browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome, etc.), the operating system of Your system, device, and the Website You last visited before visiting the Website or the duration of Your stay on the Website is also stored in the session along with the date and time of Your access.
- 1.8. You hereby represent to Million Riders that:- a) the Information You provide from time to time is and shall be authentic, correct, current, and updated and You have all the rights, permissions, and consents as may be required to provide such Information to Million Riders. b) You’re providing the Information to Million Riders and Million Riders’ consequent storage, collection, usage, transfer, access, or processing of the same shall not be in violation of any third party agreement, laws, charter documents, judgments, orders, and decrees.
- 1.10. Your Information will primarily be stored in electronic form however certain data can also be stored in physical form. We may store, collect, process and use your data in countries other than Republic of India but under compliance with applicable laws. We may enter into agreements with third parties (in or outside of India) to store or process your information or data. These third parties may have their own security standards to safeguard your information or data and we will on commercial reasonable basis require from such third parties to adopt reasonable security standards to safeguard your information/data.
- 1.11 When You download Our app, We may collect information about You, using technology that is not apparent to You, for example using “cookies” and other similar technologies. Specifically, We may collect information about other third-party applications installed on Your mobile phone. We may anonymise, de-identify or aggregate this information collected. For example, We may do this for the purposes of conducting analytics, for example the use and disclosure of anonymised data to determine preferences and patterns and for business improvement.
PURPOSE FOR COLLECTING, USING, STORING, AND PROCESSING OF INFORMATION ON WEBSITE AND MOBILE APP
Million Riders collects, uses, stores and processes Your Information for any purpose as may be permissible under applicable laws (including where the applicable law provides for such collection, usage, storage or processes in accordance with the consent of the user) and shall include the following:
- 2.1. to facilitate Your use of the Website;
- 2.2. to respond to Your inquiries or fulfill Your requests for information about the various services offered on the Website;
- 2.3. to process and complete the orders placed with the participating merchants and is shared as needed to process and complete the orders;
- 2.4. to ensure that orders have been successfully delivered on time, and to keep You informed on the status of Your order;
- 2.5. to provide You with information about services available on the Website and to send You information, materials, and offers;
- 2.6. to send You important information regarding the Website, changes in terms and conditions, user agreements, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- 2.7. to send You surveys and marketing communications;
- 2.8. to personalize Your experience on the Website by presenting advertisements, services, and offers tailored to Your preferences;
- 2.9. to help You address Your problems incurred on the Website including addressing any technical problems;
- 2.10. if You avail of any service from the Website, to complete and fulfill the same.
- 2.11. to protect the integrity and for proper administering of the Website;
- 2.12. to conduct internal reviews and data analysis for the Website;
- 2.13. to improve the services and content on the Website;
- 2.14. to conducting academic research, surveys, analytical studies on various aspects including user behavior, user preferences, etc.;
- 2.15. to respond to legal, judicial, quasi-judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law;
- 2.16. to implement information security practices;
- 2.17. to determine any security breaches, computer contaminant,s or computer viruses;
- 2.18. to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities and suspected fraud,
- 2.19. to undertake forensics of the concerned computer resource as a part of an investigation or internal audit;
- 2.20. To process any job application You may submit;
- 2.21. to trace computer resources or any person who may have contravened, or is suspected of having or being likely to contravene, any provision of law including the Information Technology Act, 2000 that is likely to have an adverse impact on the services provided on any Website or by Million Riders; and
- 2.22. to enable a potential buyer or investor to evaluate the business of Million Riders.
- 2.23. Call and SMS Data: Our Services facilitate communications between Users and Riders. In connection with facilitating this service, we receive CALL and SMS data, including the date and time of the call, contacts and save them for future reference for Job opportunities and pertinent referral program allowing riders to earn money on every new joiner from its contact network.
- 2.24. Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- 2.25. Log Information: When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
[Individually and collectively referred to as (“Purposes”)] You hereby agree and acknowledge that the Information so collected is for a lawful purpose connected with a function or activity of Million Riders or any person on its behalf, and the collection of information is necessary for the Purposes.
SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- 3.1 The Services are not available to You hereby unconditionally agree and permit that Million Riders may transfer, share, disclose, or part with all or any of Your Information, within and outside of the Republic of India to third-party service providers/partners / banks and financial institutions for one or more of the Purposes or as may be required by applicable law.
- 3.4 We may also share Personal Information if We believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of various terms and conditions, or our policies.
- 3.5. We reserve the right to disclose your information when required to do so by law or regulation, or under any legal obligation or order under law or in response to a request from law enforcement or governmental agency or judicial, quasi-judicial, or any other statutory or constitutional authority or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- 3.6. You further agree that such disclosure, sharing, and transfer of Your Personal Information and Non-Personal Information shall not cause any wrongful loss to You or to any third party, or any wrongful gain to Us or to any third party.
LINK TO OTHER WEBSITES
- 4.3. We shall not be responsible for any loss, damage, claim, or expense caused as a result of You accessing these third-party sites and features.
- 5.1. We strive to ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of Your Information and to protect Your Personal Information against unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction. We adopt adequate measures to prevent unauthorized access to Your Personal Information.
- 5.2. We reserve the right to conduct a security review at any time to verify Your identity. You agree to provide Us all the information that We request for the security review. If You fail to comply with any security request, We reserve the right to terminate Your account with Us and prohibit Your access to the Website.
- 5.3. We are not liable and cannot be held liable for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive Your Personal Information.
- 5.4. The trademarks, logos, and service marks displayed on the Website (“Marks”) are the property of Million Riders or their merchants or respective third parties. You are not permitted to use the Marks without the prior consent of Million Riders, the merchants, or the third party that may own the Marks
- 5.5. Notwithstanding anything contained in this Policy or elsewhere, We shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage, or misuse of Your Personal Information, if such loss, damage, or misuse is attributable to a Force Majeure Event (as defined below). A “Force Majeure Event” shall mean any event that is beyond Our reasonable control and shall include, without limitation, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of God, civil commotion, strikes or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorized access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, etc.
CHOICE / OPT-OUT
You agree and acknowledge that You are providing your Information out of your free will. You have an option not to provide or permit Million Riders to collect Your Personal Information or later on withdraw Your consent with respect to such Personal Information so provided herein by sending an email to the grievance officer or such other electronic address as may be notified to You.
In accordance with Information Technology Act 2000 and rules made thereunder, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
Last updated on